Low back pain: now what?
Back complaints have been the number 1 most common and heard complaints among paramedical and medical specialists for years, with all the associated consequences. What can you do yourself to get rid of these annoying back complaints? You can read this in the blog below.
Backache? What can you do about that?
Since 2016, low back complaints have been the most common and heard complaints among medical and paramedical specialists. Absenteeism rates are skyrocketing due to these complaints. Not to mention costs. But what can you do yourself to prevent and/or remove these annoying back complaints.
Exercises for a weak back:
- Lie on your stomach and put your arms out in front of you. Now raise your legs alternately as far as you can. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
- Lie flat on your stomach with your arms at your sides. Slowly raise your upper body and then lower it back down. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
- Lie flat on your stomach with your arms out in front of you. Then raise your arms and legs simultaneously. Repeat 10 times.
- Lie on your stomach and raise your arms and legs crosswise. Repeat 10 times.
- Lie on your back on the bed and place your arms at your sides. Pull in the chin and push the neck into the floor. Hold that for 5 seconds. Then relax. Also do this exercise sitting on the edge of the bed. Repeat 10 times.
Do these exercises not help? A back brace can help you reduce complaints and take away the pain, all this to improve the quality of life.
The effectiveness of back braces has been researched and clinically proven to be effective. The main findings are
- A faster reduction of back pain!
- A faster and better recovery by wearing a back brace !
- A saving on the costs of medication and hospital visits! This saves money in your wallet!
- A very high customer satisfaction of 93.7% by wearing a back brace every day !
We distinguish between 3 types of back braces for non -specific back complaints :
Back brace for acute back pain
The Thuasne Dynacross back band is an elastic compression back band especially for people with acute low back pain. This back strap is easy to put on independently and invisible under clothing. A more extensive version of this back strap is the Dynacross Activity. This back strap is slightly more extensive with 2 straps on either side for extra compression, stability and firmness.
Preventive wearing a back brace
Do you suffer from your lower back? An insecure feeling in the lower back? Do you occasionally go through your back? Do you suffer from back pain during the night? You can also use a back brace as a preventive measure. With regard to a preventive back brace , we recommend the Lombaskin Back Belt! This fitted back brace is easy to put on independently, invisible under clothing, ensures a slim waist and can be worn all day long during all activities!
Posture correcting back brace
You can wear a back brace to correct the upper back or to correct and support the lower back. For a correction of the posture so that you stand more upright and keep your shoulders back, we recommend the GO Medical upper back Right holder. This simple but very effective right holder for the upper back is easy and invisible to wear under clothing and also currently discounted for only €19.95!! With regard to the lower back, we advise you in case of an unstable feeling and to correct the lower back and posture: the Lombamum back brace! This back brace is also widely used during pregnancy!
Back braces are a conservative treatment in rehabilitation, while moving and give you pain relief. This way you can recover better and faster (scientifically proven). The choice of the back brace is essential for the operation. Are you unsure about your choice of back brace ? Please contact us for tailor-made advice!